December 30, 2008
I don't know how long of a Christmas vacation I'm going to end up giving myself, but after a week of irregular posting, I am missing my little writing spot & wanted to stop in. things to report... currently staying at a favorite bed&breakfast: mom & dad's house. awaiting a sister to arrive home from a ski trip. anticipating our tradition of opening Christmas gifts on New Year's Day. shopping the 75% off aisle at target. enjoying a 10:00, low-lighting (fall asleep) showing of Holiday Inn in the family room. playing acquire, take four, & scattergories at the big table. oversleeping. overeating. putting records on. watching a veritable sea of presents accumulate 'round the tree. dressing for cozy, not cutesy. snacking from the card table of homemade sweets temporarily gracing the dining room. it's not over yet. in case I'm not back in before it arrives-- happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Happy New Year Summer.

notebookdoodles said...

happy new year!! and i wish the holiday period will go on forever =)

♥sb

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts