November 17, 2010
"The fellow who doesn't like dogs or little children must be regarded with suspicion. There is something wrong with the man who cannot make friends with a a dog or a baby, or who will not try, who cannot gain their affection. The chances are that he is not worthy of the respect or affection of men either." 

Peter Marshall

this is exactly the kind of happy (and honest) humor i'm enjoying lately.
am reading A Man Called Peter, the biography of the senate chaplain during the 1930s and 40s. it's written by his wife, and is really wonderful. full of his endearing scottish charm and glowing with sincerity. his ministry was spectacular. and how fun to read about washington back in the day.


what are you reading these days?

8 comments:

Hannah said...

I am currently reading "Eat Cake" which is darling. Also "Little Women." It is a classic. I had to read it again.

I'll have to check out your book!

miranda said...

That book is a lifelong favorite of mine!! LOVE IT!! So good to know someone else appreciates his words too! Really an awesome man!

Miss to Mrs said...

I'm reading the fourth book of the Anne of Green Gables series. I'm in love with that series and can't believe it took me all these years to discover them!

ChelseaF said...

Just finished "What is the What" and am currently reading "They Poured Fire On Us From the Sky"...both about the conflict in Southern Sudan from people who survived and came here.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading "Last Night in Twisted River" by John Irving. So far it's not too bad. I have a limited selection of English books to choose from at the book stores here in Germany and most of them are by British authors. "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini and "We the Living" by Ayn Rand are two very good books that had me thinking and crying for days. Anything by C.S. Lewis is also a good read. Laura

Heather said...

I've had that book in my "to be read" stack forever. I'll have to get on it! But after Christmas. Its nothing but Christmas stories for me this time of year.

madelino said...

im reading "crazy love" by francis chan and also rereading "the voyage of the dawn treader". :)

Mom Judy said...

I am reading Summer's blog!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts