October 3, 2012
Hi guys! Things have been busy here lately- I'm getting ready to give a presentation on real food/healthy eating at a ladies event at our camp! (tomorrow night!) So whenever I've had a moment to sit at the computer I've been writing and organizing my thoughts over and over, and more recently practicing my speech-giving skills on Grant. Have you given a speech since speech class?! I know I haven't. Pray for me! I'm really excited, but I may be a little shaky and definitely will have some sweaty palms when the time comes.


Anyway, here's a quick supper I had the other night. Some breakfast potatoes and a "scrambled omelet." Simple. Feels fitting for a sunday night, right? I chopped a few potatoes, threw in some garlic and salt and roasted them for about 40 minutes at 425 degrees. When I took the potatoes out, I quickly sauteed some red onion and diced Anaheim pepper and then scrambled some eggs in. Yummm. What do you like to have for a simple Sunday supper?

3 comments:

Chiara said...

Good luck for your presentation! I am sure you will do great! Sending you my thoughts and prayers.

A Wife and her Carpenter said...

You will do wonderfully Summer--food is your passion, so I'm sure that will be evident to the people you are talking to. I will say a prayer for you today!

p.s. thank you for a new dinner idea...I needed one this week :)

Marilyn said...

Good luck! Later, when you have time, I'd be interested in hearing about your speech content on the blog.

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts