March 2, 2009
hello march. 
grant's least favorite month. 
and here's why..
1. it's still cold. it's brown. it's gray. it's sloppy. 
2. still too early to start thinking about the end of the school year.
3. 31 days. after a short month, this feels like for - ever. 
4. no football. 
5. no more jr. high & high school basketball.
6. march madness isn't really our thing.
7. no big holidays.
8. no birthdays.
9. no anniversary.
10. you still have to get through april, too.
he's got me convinced, too.
despite the fact that march is just mediocre, it's a step in the right direction.
i'm really, really, really happy to erase another winter month. 
4 down. 1 or 2 to go. i can do this. 
hey, we've already started making plans for camp. 
roles & scheduling & housing & earnings. it's all in the works.
plus, we're making big plans & doing some major california dreamin'.
yeah. 
maybe march isn't so bad.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

My friend is smart...she and her family always go on vacation to Florida in March. This month drags for me too. I'm trying to do inside projects to keep me busy. Good luck!

You Are My Fave said...

I'm sorry, but January is so much worse. No more holidays, cold weather, too much holiday food pound gainage. At least there's a glimmer of hope in March.

John and Teresa said...

Oh my goodness, I am so right on with you about March - always have been! ESPECIALLY 4 & 6 ... and 1 & 3 too. Right now though, each new month is exciting as we approach graduation in May!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts