April 8, 2009
did i mention that it snowed last saturday? yeah.
gobs & gobs of clumpy snow. heavy & wet. snowball perfect.
the above photo was taken at 1 o'clock in the afternoon 
and is a gross understatement of the final outcome. 
it was the snowiest we've been all winter.
which, by the way, became a full 5-month season over the weekend.
so it was saturday & snowing. i called mom to discuss my left shoulder
bothering me while i run & what she's going to bake this week.
grant spent the morning being a spelling bee judge. 
later we went for a drive & i found a real charlie brown tree.
i passed on grant's offer to stop for cappuccino due to my sugar game,
and opted to curl up on the couch & take the most glorious nap ever.
jesse, julie, & moses were here for a visit. we were invited to the harms farm 
for dinner dominican-style. plantains & all. delish. 
the meal was accompanied by name that tune
& speculation over whether or not church would be cancelled. 
it was.
by the time we went back to town that night, 
(i used to think "going to town" was only a literary phrase 
from my laura ingalls wilder past, but i was so wrong.
it's a very real & mainstream expression 'round these parts.)
the snow blanket was 6 inches thick & the highway was perilous.
it was a pretty april snow storm. and i'm feeling even better about the
whole thing now that there's only a few patches of white left on the grass.
supposedly 51 degrees on friday.. come on spring. 
note: please forgive the winter dreariness of this post.
i felt compelled to continue with my task of 
accurately documenting my first minnesota winter. 
hopefully i will come back & read it someday when winter 
is only a 3 month season & realize how far i've come. 

3 comments:

Kerri Lynne said...

Gah! I complain about New England winters, and daydream about living somewhere nice and sunny all year-round (though, what's Christmas without snow??? I'm not sure I could really go through with it!)

You're a trooper, just the words "5-month-winter" send cold chills down my spine!

John and Teresa said...

Are you guys planning to move somewhere else someday with that "3 month winter"?

Anonymous said...

it snowed here last night, too. i woke up and literally growled out loud! spring will find us. it has to!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts