happy friday, friends! after a week of rain and gray, the sun is shining. woohoo. today i'm on a mission to get the house clean as a whistle. mom and sister are coming tonight! and mom hasn't seen our new house yet, so we need to make a good impression, don't we, house?
in other news, i have banana bread to feed my company.
i shared this recipe way back when, but i'm bringing it back for two reasons:
1. it's still my favorite. favorite things should be shouted from the rooftops.
2. i've adapted it a bit. not because it needed it, but because i like to play.
one thing is for sure.. i put sour cream in my banana bread, and i always will. if you guys try it, i think you'll stick with it too.
banana bread adapted from tesa's recipe
1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 T. milled flax
1 tsp. baking soda
1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 c. very ripe bananas, mashed (about 2)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
1. preheat oven to 350. butter a loaf pan, or several smaller pans.
2. cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the eggs; beating well.
3. sift together dry ingredients and combine with butter mixture; blend well.
4. add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; stir well. stir in nuts, if using.
5. pour into prepared pan, bake 60 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
5.5. cover with foil if getting too brown in oven.
6. let cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
i'm setting out on my mission. will be cleaning the fridge compartments and making things neat.
what are you doing today?