hey guys, i'm on my break right now, so i have some cookies for you.
i posted them back in january, but i made them again recently and i think they've been sadly overlooked. some of you have been asking me for the recipe, so here it is again! reprinted for your convenience. and because i really really want you to convince you, as i am now convinced, that brown bananas should be saved for more than just bread.
now go, taste the glory of these cookies.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
with whole wheat and oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana (about 1 large)
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
8 oz. semisweet or dark chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 375. whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
2. mix butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. add egg and vanilla; mix until combined. mix in banana.
3. add flour mixture; mix until just combined. stir in oats and chocolate chips.
4. drop dough by 1 1/2 inch spoonfuls, leaving 2 inches in between, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (important! please use parchment.)
5. bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, for 12 or 13 minutes, or until golden brown and just set. (cookies will look very brown. don't worry! it's good!) let cool on sheets for 5 min, then transfer to wire racks and let cool completely. makes almost 3 dozen.
a bit of camp news.. things are going great with our first group! this morning we baked homemade biscuits with flaxseed that were so good they made my heart melt. dishwashing has become second nature to me, once again. my allergies aren't too bad, thanks to my new herbal allergy remedy. i haven't had dessert yet today (hooray!) and i'm planning on going for a run tonight if it's not as muggy as it is right now. no make up on yet. ponytail to come soon.
so long, for now.