in case you are reading me in a reader and didn't get to see the new blog banner, here's a little peek.
Friends! You have no idea how fun it was to hear your familiar comment voices again yesterday. Thanks, everybody! missed you. By the way, if you've never commented before, I still want to say hey! I really appreciate you! (but of course, I would love to hear your voice sometime, too!) Okay, I said we'd catch up. let's get started.
Things I did while I was not blogging:
1. got a new camera lens
2. discovered turnips
3. went on a picnic
4. had a birthday
5. baked a cake (i will be sharing more on this)
6. took some road trips
6.5 snacked on larabars
7. found out about some food allergies*
8. got the new iPad
9. discovered rice pudding
10. saw The Hunger Games and The Avengers
11. decided that tacos are my favorite meal
12. made about 19 pots of soup
13. painted my toenails
14. read a book
15. visited my family
16. wore shorts
17. thrifted some vintage Fire King mixing bowls
18. posted on Facebook (i love that it's like quick-blogging. think i should do a fb page for the blog?)
19. introduced Hadley to Fred Astaire
20. taught the word "no"
21. watched my beautiful, brave girl take her first steps (such a rush)
22. played with cousins
23. went bowling
24. got a haircut
25. received a few pounds of giant California raisins, which were promptly eaten
26. started planning another summer at camp
27. reached 175,000 miles on our car
28. got water in our basement
29. bought new shoes
30. fell in love with the Filpboard app
of course all of these things were just little bits in the bulk. the bulk of what we did this spring was real life! and as a friend wisely told me the other day: life takes a lot of time. we wouldn't be truly caught up if you didn't know about the diaper changing, decision making, mashing bananas, checking the weather, wiping cheeks, kissing cheeks, watching the stock market, staining clothes, clearing the table, emptying the dishwasher, picking up scattered toys, and peeling carrots. just keeping it real. :)
ok, your turn. tell me something you did this spring!
*yep! some food allergies going on for both grant and me. we weren't surprised. not the end of the world. we still love what we eat :) but my recipes might reflect our adjusted diet for the time being. just wanted you to know what's going on! does anyone in your family have food allergies/intolerances?
May 9, 2012