October 17, 2012

Today is such a blustery Wednesday. It makes me grateful for walls.
I really like it blustery. I love to hear the wind sound angry.
Today the leaves are attacking our house.
Today Hadley woke up extra early and got to hang out with Daddy before he left for work.
Today I took a shower while Hadley watched Little Bear.
Today we ate eggs and bananas.
Today I have navy nails!
Today I sent my twin sister some encouraging words (borrowed from Spurgeon) about life.. and labor.
She's due in one month!!
Today I'm listening to the Harry Potter soundtrack, of course. Because it's fall.
Today the neighbor's tree is the perfect mustard yellow, and it looks great from our front window.
Today I took some quick photos of Hadley's room, to show you.
Today someone was giving away squash in the teachers' lounge, so Grant picked out some for us.
Today Grant will send me emails from school, which are the best.
Today Hadley "helped" me vacuum.
Today I will finish reading Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery.
Today at naptime I raced to the kitchen to wash dishes (as I do everyday) and wipe counters and restock our paper towel holder and make chai and get myself over to the desk to work on things.
Today I'm excited to make some prints to sell.
Today we will play, color, clean, nurse, dance, sing, golf, point to our noses and eyelashes, watch a Pomplamoose music video, read, and hopefully put away some clean laundry.
Today I will email my mom. She just made my banana bread.
Today after school I'm going to the gym. Ellen will probably be on.
And Grant is taking me to a neighbor's garden to pick some free kale!
Tonight I will make a chicken dinner.
Tonight we'll talk about last night's Presidential Debate some more. And watch some news.
Tonight Grant will take tickets at the high school football game. I'm not sure why there's a game on a Wednesday.
Tonight Hadley will be ready for bed around 7:00- which was last month's new development. We still marvel at this.
Tonight we'll make plans for the wedding we're going to this weekend.
All day today I will keep thinking about what a sweet day it is. My husband is coming home right after work, my baby likes to play and sleep, my house is safe. My dishes are done. 
Today there aren't many hard things, but there are some, as always.
But today I'm glad about our ordinary things, both hard and sweet.

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.


14 comments:

Laken said...

Gorgeous :)

Loved this glimpse into your day! And now I'm going to rediscover my navy nail polish.

Anneliese said...

love your day! it is blustery here too. blustery is a winnie the pooh word. today we are watching mickey mouse, baking cookies, washing baby clothes to lend to cousin, & making sure a proper nap is taken--puggles (2 year old awana) tonight!

A Wife and her Carpenter said...

Oh blustery days! I live for them. Thankfully there are a lot of them here in Western New York. Check out this video, I thought of you when I saw it. I guarantee it will make your beautiful day, even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QgaTQ5-XfMM

Joe said...

What a great photo. I love how you can see the smile even though your mouth is hidden.

emily o. said...

beautiful! such a fun post :)

ashley sullivan said...

love this! these are some of my favorite types of posts from you, miss summer :)

Hannah said...

love this post, Summer. Beautiful descriptions and insight into your day. Very beautiful photo of you too"

Joy said...

Great post. :) Football is on Wednesday this week because you live in MN, and it's MEA week, no school tomorrow or Friday.

Marilyn said...

Yes! "Blustery" is such a good Winnie-the-Pooh word. :) And I don't know that I have ever discussed it with anyone, but I think Rainbow Valley might be one of my favorites in the series. I love seeing siblings being sibling-y.

Amanda said...

ooh, I love blustery days, too! good excuse to bundle up and head out on an adventure (is it strange that I don't mind and even enjoy going out on those days?) or to get cozy with tea and a book! maybe even take a nap!

p.s. you are gorgeous and so cute in that photo! love your nail polish!

{natalie} said...

what a great post. thank you for taking the time to notice all the good around you. and i love that psalm you posted at the end. i wrote it down to remember.

Rachel said...

summmer:) this post just made me so thankful for my day! love your encouraging words!

Maggie Mizelle said...

I love this post, and your nails! What's the color/brand?

Unknown said...

My son loves bananas, but wasn't the biggest egg fan. I found a recipe on pinterest: mash a ripe banana, add two eggs & a dash of cinnamon; then fry up like normal pancakes. I add a dash of milled flaxseed also and he devours them! Thought you and Hadley might enjoy too.

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts