October 18, 2012
Burrito Bowls.
Beef browned with onion/garlic/oregano/cumin/salt, 
guacamole, cilantro, rice, lettuce, homemade salsa. Beans and corn salsa, optional. 

Lots of squash.
Halved, baked at 350 or 375 for 1.5 hours with some water in the pan. 
Serve with roast beef, roasted chicken, burgers, anything.
Or use it to make this yummy soup!

Still loving this cilantro rice salad.

The Lentil Soup with Chicken and Peppers and Coconut Milk.

All the recipes mentioned in this post have links- click on them to check them out!
Oh, I've also been devouring a luscious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread...
which I will be sharing soon!
What have you been eating??



2 comments:

Josie said...

I am all about homemade burrito bowls! As much as I love chipotle, homemade makes me happy too. I like mine with chicken but will have to try beef. I just found a local farm for all my meat so I have freezer stocked up!

Jen said...

I am in love with this cilantro salad. Thanks for the totally healthy and approachable recipes. Keep em coming! I am a blog reader not writer from MN. Your blog is a breath of fresh air from the Midwest.

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts