September 18, 2013

I pretty much wake up every morning nowadays and think, "Am I okay? Is my nose about to gush?" 
I gingerly roll over and grab a tissue from my nightstand, stuffing it up to my nose, just in case. These pregnancy nose bleeds are serious. And they're seriously happening all the time. 
But anyway. This morning my waking thought was not about a bloody nose. Today I woke up and thought, "My mom and sister are on their way!"

I'm trying not to rush around cleaning, because I know they really don't care if I dusted or not. 
We're going to go out to lunch, bake cookies, and possibly hit the city-wide rummage sale, if they're up for it. Haley's going to cut my hair, I'm going to make chili and cornbread for dinner, and hopefully us pregnant sisters will have a chance to put our feet up while the kids take naps. But most of all, we'll talk. What else?! 

I'm so excited. 
What do you like to do when visitors come to your house? 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bake your gf banana bread! My celiac mama had never tasted one before! Love and light to you. Enjoy your family xx

Anonymous said...

So happy you enjoy & are able to spend time with your family. I have a friend I want to give your cards to as a gift, I've tried to order but payment site keeps saying services unavailable. I hope it works tomorrow & you'll still have some in stock:)

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts