September 23, 2013

Just a quick pop-in post! Major appleing going on over here today. Peeling, slicing, cider-ing, lemon water dipping, and flash freezing since 7:45 this morning. My house smells like Christmas, you guys. Come over!! Also, very importantly, we are putting together a Mickey puzzle. Over and over. Some of my favorite moments of being here with Hadley are when I get to watch her work so quietly and intent on something. She's so focused when she's building a tower, or making a "soup", or balancing a wooden chocolate chip cookie on a play spatula. I broke out this Mickey puzzle earlier today when we (I) needed to just sit down for a little while. I'm loving this age so much! And I'm so wiped today! In a happy way. Keeping up with Hadley and doing kitchen projects... I can't imagine a better day.

By the way... HAPPY FALL! It's really, truly here! I'm off to go enjoy it now. Be back soon (tomorrow) with lots more fall-y posts and recipes to tell you about, including my first ever baked oatmeal, chicken chili re-visited, homemade apple cider in a crockpot, how to freeze apples, and Grandma Marian's apple crisp.. now made with a gluten and dairy free variation. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am really looking forward to all of your autumny posts! I just get really excited this time of year!

Michelle said...

What are you making with the apple rings? Looks yummy!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts