April 24, 2014

As I start out on a new year, I’m loving these radical thoughts: 

If death were the end of the matter, what makes sense is middle-class moderation to maximize earthly pleasures. But it's not! Does the hope of the resurrection shape my life? Do I make decisions on the basis of gain in this world or gain in the next? Do I take risks for love’s sake that can only be explained as wise if there is a resurrection? — paraphrased from the Solid Joys app

I'm guilty of putting comfort as my priority so terribly often. I want my life to be more than this. More than maximizing earthly pleasures. I'm praying that my deepest delight will be found in Him- in loving Him, keeping His commands, and living like Jesus did.



Some birthday pics with my babies! Ohhh, their little faces. This is true life. And I love it. I'm keeping these forever and ever!

And a couple pics from the night time celebration with Daddy and cake and presents. Grant had class that night, but we still snuck in a quick candle-lighting before the kids went to bed. (Not pictured is the ice cream I ate after the kids were asleep.) And Hadley sang Happy Birthday to me all by herself!

1 comments:

carissa said...

may your new year ahead be blessed in glorious ways. xoxo.

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts