April 19, 2011
If you've never had cream cheese on a pizza, get excited. If you think red onion is delish, get excited. If you like pizza with lots of parmesan, get excited. You will love this.

asparaguspizza


Shaved Asparagus and Red Onion Pizza

1 batch of your favorite pizza dough*
3/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
to taste: dill, pepper, garlic salt, italian seasoning (or your preferred seasoning)
parmesan and mozzarella cheese
8 to 10 asparagus stalks
1 small red onion

prepare dough and preheat oven to 400 degrees. combine cream cheese with dill, garlic salt, and other desired seasonings. on a cutting board, lay asparagus stalks flat and holding onto the tough end of the spear, use a vegetable peeler to make long shavings. discard tough ends, toss shavings with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper, and set aside. thinly slice red onion, set aside. brush a large baking sheet with olive oil, and stretch dough out in the pan. pre-bake for 4-5 minutes. spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough, then sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella. arrange asparagus and red onion on top of cheese. bake about 20 minutes more, or until "puffy" and golden brown. 

*lately i've been making the non-deep dish version of this recipe and using it for everything. just stretch the dough out onto a big baking sheet instead of using cake pans. 

8 comments:

HannahH said...

Oooh..this makes me so excited for flatbread at camp!

NicoleD said...

Yum! I've never tried that combo. Looks too tempting not to try!

Megan said...

it looks and sounds so good! going to have to try that asap!

thanks for sharing!

Shetek Camper said...

since i've heard about the benefits of asparagus...i am sooo excited to try this recipe! pizza with asparagus? who would have thougt you could have such goodness and call it pizza!!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Yum! I love anything with asparagus!

Jes said...

Ooooh, this just made my day. I have a bunch of asparagus at home that I've been wanting to do something with other than steam/roast. Totally making this TONIGHT.

Miss to Mrs said...

I thought you couldn't get better than your flat bread from over the summer, but hey look, you did it! This sounds so good. I'll be making it this weekend.

hannah queen | honey & jam said...

oh my gosh, i need this in my life asap!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts