November 24, 2008
Ever since I saw this, I fell in love with the idea of using newspaper to wrap up some of my Christmas presents this year. Liberated by the black & white concept and free from the worry of clashing colors, I decided to form some non-traditional gift tags out of some scraps that I had laying around. Although I love the bright hues and will surely use them, I am not going completely rebellious for 2008. I actually very much enjoy being engulfed in a veritable whirlwind of the traditional red and green everything. So, don't worry, along with my newsy gifts, I will also be packaging up some regulars.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Why not? Twist and turns on the tradition makes it fun. They look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

These tags are so fun---LOVE them! You should totally do a tutorial on how you made them! I'd love to know so I can steal the idea ;)

please sir said...

Great idea - would love to get a gift like that!

Sara Christine said...

What pretty tags! How creative! I keep all my fabric scraps in a plastic shopping bag because I don't ever know what to do with them.

pve design said...

Oh, I love these! Last year I hand painted these fun circles and saved them to use again with the family!
I made dots, initials and words...

notebookdoodles said...

hi =) i tagged you in my blog. please see my post for details.

thanks =)

*sb

dee said...

That is a great idea! And it sounds like you're having a great time doing it, which makes the gifts those tags accompany that much more special.

Sophie Grace said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free . Instagram is very popular on social network. and this is nice site picbear about instagram.

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts