August 20, 2012
I'm letting myself miss camp a few more days. I miss the fantastic people and hearing the bell ring for dinner. I miss our "cabin" (not truly a cabin, but our quarters for the summer- which were actually bigger than our house), the smell of Clarke Hall, and the crunch of gravel under our feet on walks. I miss the secluded-ness. I miss campers running around and so many people to say "good morning" to. I miss the lake- watching the white caps from our front window. I miss sitting on the sunny dock with a book, and talks with my sisters-in-law. I miss knowing that there's stuff going on all around me. 
Can you tell I love it out there?

Here's a few quick pics from this summer's photo stream...
In chapel. The hot, sweaty chapel. 

Birthday party!

I love that our camp has open fields- it's not all cedar trees and ticks.

Blowing kisses after a swim.

The bridge to our quarters. This building is brand new! 

Summer happiness. 

This year's theme.

I did the superheroes' laundry. And regular people laundry, too. 

On our walking route.

Dock, towel, book, baby monitor. And sun. My favorite spot on camp.

Camp Shetek Staff, 2012.  There's us! ^

1 comments:

Anneliese said...

i think the dock would be my favorite place too!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts