August 18, 2012
piling everything in the living room, the day we moved home. 

it's a weird feeling to return. Like being uprooted and plonked down again. Everything is familiar, but really, you have to re-learn your own house. You've forgotten your little routines and how it feels to live inside there. (Also, you are returning with your little 1-year old who has mastered a bunch of new skills over the summer.) The air's a little stale, corners and counters are pretty dusty, and you may be thinking..

1. I love how deep this couch is!
2. Uh-oh. Stairs.
3. No ants! Yay!
4. When will our water stop smelling like metal?
5. Oh, I remember the handle on the fridge door- it feels so nice!
6. The lighting in here is perfect.
7. I wish all the spiders and webs were gone this second.
8. Where do all these toys go?!
9. These toilets are shorter than I remember!
10. A dishwasher. yesssss.
11. Has the water pressure always been like this?
12. I hope everything eventually has a place.
13. my OWN HOME! I've missed you, cozy house!

It's actually really nice to have a brand new start every August, when we figure out how to do homelife again.

1 comments:

emily o. said...

Welcome back! I love your blog and look forward to a bunch more great posts :)

Just made your pickled carrot sticks last night and can't wait to eat them!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts