1. Me and my girl are still very indoorsy these days, as we got some fresh snow this week. We've been playing with her shape sorter, blowing bubbles, scribbling with markers, and wrestling. But it was very nice yesterday (40 degrees?) and we saw actually some mud. I told Grant last night that I'm starting to feel pretty ravenous for sunlight. In the photo, I'm wearing the necklace that I painted a little bit ago.
2. Hadley playing with her cousin Atticus, who is her first friend! They're 3 months apart and their mommies are so happy they're going to grow up together. They are getting to the age now where they want to greet each other when they meet up... last Sunday it was with a kiss. Precious!
3. These gluten free banana pancakes. I've been making them every Sunday night for supper this past month and we love them. Usually we have them with real maple syrup, butter, scrambled eggs, and sauerkraut.
4. Leftovers. My sister-in-law has been coming over (and bringing Atticus) for a playdate about once a week so we get to chat and have lunch together. More often than not, I make these roasted sweet potatoes when she comes over. We love them! Here's how:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 or 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
2 or 3 cloves chopped garlic (we like lots)
sea salt to taste
2-3 T. coconut oil
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place chopped potatoes on a large jellyroll pan or in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with sea salt and garlic. Add coconut oil to the pan in large spoonfuls. Pop the pan into the oven for a few minutes- just until coconut oil melts. Pull the pan out and toss potatoes with a spatula, until evenly coated with oil. Place pan back in the oven and let roast for 30-45 minutes, or until golden with crisp edges.
5. Vacuum rides. Grant introduced Hadley to the idea of sitting on the vacuum while I use it. She loves to go grab a pen and paper and sit and "work" on top of the vacuum.
6. Going to see my sisters! (In the photo, from left to right: me, my little sister Chelsea, and my twin sister Haley) We have a little Easter break, so tomorrow morning we're headed down to Nebraska to see my family. We're going out to lunch with Mom, hanging out with the fam, visiting the Apple store, doing a Trader Joe's & Whole Foods run, and getting a haircut from my twin sister Haley! So excited. We love making the most of our time in a big city.
What are you guys liking this week?