April 2, 2013


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebrating the resurrection of our Savior! He's alive, He loves us! We see the depth of Christ's love by... 
1. how much it cost Him
2. how little we deserve it
3. the freedom with which He gives his love to us 
4. the willingness with which He gave His life on the cross
5. and the greatness of the benefits we receive in being loved by Him. 

"He rejoiced to do his redeeming work for us. The physical pain of the cross did not become physical pleasure. But Jesus was sustained through it all by joy. He really, really wanted to save us. To gather for himself a happy, holy, praising people." -John Piper. I am so thankful to experience this love that surpasses all others. Since I was 4 years old, I've known Christ as my Savior and trusted His grace alone to save me, knowing that I've done nothing to deserve it. It's a free gift. What wondrous love is this! I pray that every day I would see more of the depth of His boundless love, and that you would too!

We had such a great Easter holiday weekend. We saw our family, saw the city, played with play-doh, tried on a bridesmaid dress, ate fish tacos, and a bunch of us Harmses sang together in church on Sunday morning- one of my new favorite Easter songs:

Then came the morning, night turned into day;
The stone was rolled away, hope rose with the dawn.
Then came the morning, shadows vanished before the sun,
Death had lost and life had won, for morning had come! 

Awesome song. Lyrics by Bill Gaither

2 comments:

Renee said...

just had to share as well, my favorite Easter song this year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18_PDY22Sck
and you can see the lyrics in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0aKC3KxTb0

love love love it!

Stephanie said...

Cute picture of your little one!

And I love your reflections on Easter, just beautiful!

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts