Hello, friends and hello, August! Of course I am just now getting around to posting something on this dear old blog of mine. Of course. It's the last week of camp, July came to a close yesterday, and this is when I usually return to the blog- when things are winding down
... or are they?
Really, they aren't. Things in my life are just gearing up. I'm coming back to my blog, and I'm coming back with a bang:
I'm having a baby!
Yes, while I've been away for the summer I've been pretty preoccupied. Taking lots of naps, finding food that sounds good, eating crazy things, and generally growing a baby. Grant and I are expecting a little one in January! Yay! Praise the Lord! He is so good! And we are super excited.
Okay, I'll try to answer the usual questions (and the ones that I'm comfortable answering)... :)
1. How are you feeling? Great! Now. The first trimester was rough around the edges, incredibly tiring, and generally more intense than with Hadley. I've been thinking that first pregnancy was sort of like "playing house"- way too easy. This time is the real deal! Although I never actually got sick (throwing up), so I'm hugely thankful for that. I started to feel more like myself around week 12 and now I don't have to avoid seeing, cooking, and thinking about food as much.
2. Are you going to find out the gender or share baby name possibilities? Nope! We like secrets around here. :)
3. How far along are you and when did you find out? I'm 16 weeks/4 months along and we've known since early May.
4. Are you planning another home birth? Yes! Hadley was born at home and we loved that experience so much. We're excited for another one.
5. Does Hadley get it? Well she definitely identifies my tummy as a baby now, and already says "Nigh' Nigh', baby" and pats my bump when we put her in bed every night. So that's adorable. I'm sure she has no idea what's coming, though. But I do! It's so fun to know what to expect this time around. More thoughts on this in the near future.
Sending you all a big hug and a slice of my extreme happiness. (A BABY!!!)
Can't wait to have more baby talk on the blog and in my life. It never gets old.