at deer hunting, the girls usually do something girly. one year we made mini scrapbooks. last year grandma marian gave us all a class on her blue ribbon apple pie. this year, we got to make sweet cake stands! you know i was super excited about this. they're so simple-quick and practical. all of us girls were saying how much we love a 5-minute craft, especially one that you can actually use. i'm so hooked on the ease of it that i might just be making hundreds in the next few weeks. seriously, they would make such fabulous christmas gifts.
what you need:
1. one pretty plate, as fancy or plain as you please.
2. one small vase, candlestick holder, or goblet.
3. a strong glue that says it works on glass or metal.
fyi: our plates and bases came from thrift stores. (where else?!)
what you do:
1. turn your plate upside down.
2. squeeze a ring of glue onto the rim of your base, and place in the center of your plate.
3. let dry. don't move your stand until the base is completely secured to the plate.
make a few and stack them on top of each other for a tiered look. use them to serve your holiday goodies. or as a stand for candles and garland. or create an elegant centerpiece. or even better.. wrap them up and put them under the tree for all your favorite girlies!
ps. have you started your christmas shopping yet?