November 24, 2010
i'll be home, in the house where i grew up. where mom has pecan rolls waiting for me and chels will fill us in on high school happenings and dad will take us out to a movie. maybe harry potter. and my husband will be with me to enjoy it all. that's what makes holidays 10x better now than when i was a little girl! i will never get over how fun it is to have a husband and still be a daughter and a sister. using my old bathroom and having grant brushing his teeth right alongside me? that's the best. i love that he will always come home with me now, and i will always go back home with him. i am so incredibly thankful for this! for all of it.

and i have lots more thankfuls to mention. because i don't want to forget how awesome the Lord has been to us this year. He brings good things in every shape and form, even in a berry pie bar. here's what i'm thankful for in 2010.

for knowing Him, the joy of His love, and the hope of His salvation.
for a good husband, in every sense of the word. a husband who provides. protects. leads. who is unselfish. who has a noble reputation. who will trust in Him, whether we are rich or poor.
awesome health.
apple stock.
a new brother in law!
the farmers market.
another successful summer at camp.
a black skirt that i re-discovered and wore 100 times. 
guacamole.
lots of happy days.
trips to the city.
getting paid to do something i love.
figuring out my favorite kind of cake. finally. 
being almost halfway through a master's program. (yay grant!)
a house that turned into a home.
amazing friends, both inside the blogworld and out. 
granola bars. 
lots and lots of snowdays.
my first 5k. 
visits to chipotle, even though we don't live within 50 miles of one.
a guest room for company to come stay in.
that box full of oranges last march.
our trusty mazda.
two darling new nieces.
basketball game dates in the dead of winter.
a camera.
finding pancakes that i love. 
every comment you guys have ever left me.
berry pie bars.
the treadmills at the gym.
new job opportunities all around.
justin bieber. 
pomplamoose.
a new laptop.
grant's debut on the blog.
peanut butter. it really helps me out. 
good books.
a working oven for all my baking adventures. 
blogs, and all the awesome blessings they bring!
community.
sweet (cheap) furniture from the secondhand shop in town.
a vikings game.
every time my phone rings, i still hope i see grant's name. 
the diffuser on my blowdryer, for scrunchy hair. which has become my only hair. 
my preschoolers! (and their good manners.)
and last but not least, my worn-out, underlined to death, favorite in the world bible



psalm 103
"praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits..."
thank you, Lord for all the benefits and blessings of the past year. You are so good to me!

happy thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Cherish Stockdale said...

what a great list! So much to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

[eeny] said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Summer.
Hope you have a wonderful time with your loved ones.

Christina said...

Happiest of Thanksgivings (and Black Fridays) to you! :D Loved your list...

jacs23 said...

this is a pretty great list, Summer. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family. Thank YOU for all that you have blessed this world (In & outside of the blog] with. :) ><>

Kelli said...

What a beautiful list...so many things to be thankful for, especially His blessings. Thanks for sharing your favorite verse.

Anneliese said...

welcome back! good luck with the black friday shopping. i have never gone! and to be honest, i'm scared of it.

shanna said...

Loved reading this!

Jan said...

What a great list! I've been married 21 years, and still love seeing my husband's name on caller ID. My heart still does a little flip when I see it's him!!!

nataliep. said...

love the list, summer! so much to be thankful for. thanks for sharing with us.

hello

hello

about this blog

Hello, I'm Summer. A people-loving introvert whose hope and life is in Jesus. His promises are my passion and my ministry is homelife. This blog is a place for me to write about everyday things. Especially food. My favorite thing to do is sit around a table, lingering over a long meal with good conversation. I live with my husband and our 2 littles. We like blizzards, thrifting, grammar, guacamole, cheerful hearts, nice manners, good movies, and making simple, real, nutrient-dense food.

"If Christ be anything, He must be everything."
-C.H. Spurgeon

 photo ai-4.png  photo af-6.png  photo at-4.png  photo ap-6.png  photo ama.png

old posts